Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Comedy for a Cause!

Hello Fans of the Bastard Son!

I know I may not be the first name that comes to mind when you think of activism and humanitarianism but today I was inspired. I am working on starting an organization that raises money toward finding cures for terminal diseases - especially cancer and AIDS. I have felt the effects of cancer in the past five years having lost both my grandmother and my uncle prematurely in fights that they could not win. Now, I have a passion for comedy and for finding cures to these terrible and destructive diseases. We have succumbed to these diseases for too long and now it's time to make something happen.
I promise to start an organization that uses performance arts to generate money toward researching cures for these unthinkable illnesses. I plan to start small enough to generate a buzz and to feel out the strengths and weaknesses of this idea.
From there, I'll push this as far as it can go. If you have any ideas or thoughts, please drop me a line.
I appreciate all of your support!

Dana

No comments: